Support the principles of the Burren Code to help safeguard this important landscape:
• Leave the limestone pavement as you find it*
• Preserve natural habitats and leave wildflowers undisturbed.
• Take care not to damage monuments, walls and buildings
• Respect landowners, their property and their livestock
• Park and camp in designated areas
• Leave no trace of your visit, take nothing but memories.
*Limestone Pavement is listed as a “Priority Habitat” in the European Habitats Directive, 1992,
and is protected by law.
The Burren, with its fascinating natural environment and abundance of cultural remains, is an important, yet fragile, resource to be enjoyed, respected and conserved for future generations.